Leola Hills is my little creative outlet. Here you will find tidbits about my {constant} home redecorating,
spiritual musings, various graphic design projects, & basic life betterment.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Progress!

I am completely redoing my living room. I know what you are thinking...."Hey didn't she just paint the living room recently?" Well, yes, I did paint my living room about 18 months ago; but I haven't been in love with it sooooo.....there you go.

I have decided to step WAY out of my comfort zone and go bold. I rarely choose bold colors. I am putting white board and batten on the bottom two-thirds. This seemingly easy project is taking forever; mainly because both Scott and I are total perfectionists. Then top half I am painting a dark gray/navy blue. I have been super nervous about it. I put the first coat on it last week and so far I am loving it. Also, another major improvement is that I painted the ceiling white - I am so sick of looking at brown ceilings! What a difference it makes. So here is the progress as it sits today.

 See what I mean? Super bold. But I think it will look good. 

White ceilings are glorious!

1 comment:

marian said...

Good for you! It's looking FAB!