Leola Hills is my little creative outlet. Here you will find tidbits about my {constant} home redecorating,
spiritual musings, various graphic design projects, & basic life betterment.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

slowly but surely there is progress!

I am slow when it comes to projects. Slowly my living room project is marching on. I have finally finished the curtains. I really wanted horizontal yellow striped curtains, but for the life of me I couldn't find horizontal striped fabric anywhere. And I checked everywhere....online and all fabric stores. Lots of vertical striped fabric, but none horizontal. No luck! Then one day on Pinterest I found the solution to my problem. Paint! Like wall paint on fabric! WHAT?! No, this possibly could not work. Well, I happened to have a pair of white curtains (that were in the living room before) and I figured a small can paint wasn't too expensive so I decided to give it a try. Oh man, it was a super easy project and guess what, it totally worked! They aren't perfect, but they are good enough for me. Plus it was easy, fast, and super cheap. I think when all was said and done I spent $12 on this little project....not too shabby!

So here is the finished product. I got the double curtain rod at IKEA for cheap (I don't remember how much, but because I have a hard time parting with money I can guess it wasn't much). Then I already had the shear curtains that are behind the striped ones. I thought about buying curtain clips for them, but then I remembered that I had these pretty shower curtain rings that slide so well so I used those. I just couldn't bear the thought of spending $20 on curtain rings!

Lastly, I sewed a new piano bench cover to spice things up as well and even though I hate sewing, this project wasn't bad at all! I'm pretty excited about how it all coming together.....Now onto artwork!


1 comment: