Leola Hills is my little creative outlet. Here you will find tidbits about my {constant} home redecorating,
spiritual musings, various graphic design projects, & basic life betterment.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Transforming in all areas....

When we started this new year Scott and I decided this was going to be a great year. We decided that our family was due for some good changes. Personally I feel like I have been in a slump the last couple years and this year there has been a new fire lit within me to become a better mother, homemaker, wife, member of the Church, and all-around person. It has felt good to make a commitment to become better.

Because this blog is dedicated to change I have decided that this might be a good spot to chronicle the changes not just in our home but in our family and lives as well! Doesn't that sound like lots of fun?!

The first change....
This year the bishop in our ward challenged every family to read to Book of Mormon together EVERY day....not to miss! This seemed a little daunting to me. We have always tried to read as a family but not with a whole lot of success. I could tell you all the lame excuses, but they are just that...lame and they are just excuses. There are really very few valid excuses for not reading together as a family! When he challenged us I really took it heart and could see this was a needed change in our family. Scott felt the same way. So we have been doing it. I will admit we have a missed a couple of days here and there (after all going to from rarely doing it to everyday is a big jump) but for the most part we have been faithful. I will tell you that it has completely transformed our home! Seriously! There is an added measure of peace here, I kid you not. I have been so grateful for a good bishop who in earnest issued this challenge! If you are not doing this with your family, then start today! I have little kids, so that isn't an awesome excuse. I promise they won't listen...mine sure don't. But my big kids listen (kind of) and Scott and I listen and it has just been nice to have something that we are all trying to do together! Do it...it is worth the hassle!

The second change....
I will share more on this later! It is a good one.....I promise!
Right now I need to make a run to Costco; we are so low on many many things!!!

So, I hope you won't mind that I will be invading my "home" blog with personal things as well...

3 comments:

marian said...

Invade away! I need to get out of the "I'm not taking care of my body slump". There has always been the I'm pregnant excuse, but no more!

Laura Duce said...

I wish you could have heard my talk last Sunday. I talked a little about this subject in my home. It was Bishop Scheidt (not Bishop anymore) that put me on a guilt trip and I knew it needed to happen but I just thought Jeff should be the one in charge. Well after realizing (it only took 9 years) he never remembers anything last year I held my head up high and took the reigns. We do it every night whether we're all here or not, which is usually the case.

I'm proud of you!!

SJ said...

: )