Leola Hills is my little creative outlet. Here you will find tidbits about my {constant} home redecorating,
spiritual musings, various graphic design projects, & basic life betterment.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Pinterest is my Friend...

Well, Pinterset is my friend only when it comes to gleaning great ideas (otherwise I think it is the perfect forum for causing depression and thoughts of inadequacy).

A few weeks ago my sister Michelle had the best idea to get us sisters together (and Angie, our adopted sister) and have a Pinterest party. We all go on and pin things but usually don't actually do them. I am always cooking recipes I find there, but I seldom do other ideas I see there. I thought this was a great idea and I was pretty excited about it. 

I decided to make homemade laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent. It is something I probably would never have tried on my own, so I was happy to have the encouragement!

The results were great! I LOVE the laundry detergent - I may never buy detergent again. And it is much cheaper. The dishwasher detergent is only ok. I probably won't make it again. But it does work alright (It works best with Lemi Shine - but Lemi Shine isn't cheap, so I am not sure it is really all that cost-effective). Despite the dishwasher detergent I am pretty excited! 



After the party I was inspired. So this last week I made a couple of other things I found on Pinterest. The menu board is one I saw and copied. I like it so much. Then I came up the "Notes" board to match because I knew I would use it. 


 

 The Menu and Notes boards are just made of frames that I already had and wasn't using. I went through all my scrapbook paper (which I have in abundance) and picked a paper that was cute and low-key. Then I cut out the letter on the Cricut with vinyl and stuck them on the glass. That way I can switch out the paper when I get tired of it and I won't have to re-do the letters. Clever huh?! I use a wet erase marker instead of dry-erase. It comes off easier and has a better tip to write with. Oh, how I am loving these babies! Plus they are cute and they make me happy when I look at them. 

Are you on Pinterest? If you are, I hope you are making some of the great ideas you find...it is super fun!!!

My next project is homemade soap....we'll see how it goes!