Leola Hills is my little creative outlet. Here you will find tidbits about my {constant} home redecorating,
spiritual musings, various graphic design projects, & basic life betterment.

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Wall

Filling a big empty wall can be overwhelming. After I painted the great room I decided I needed to focus on our big empty wall. After many months of thought and a mish-mash of wall hangings this is what I came up with. I have LOVED it!


This is my quote frame. It is easy to access the contents inside, so I made a bunch of quotes and every few weeks I change them around. This is one of my favorite quotes; along with "There should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire."

 I love this window and the story behind it. When Scott and I were first married we lived in the horrible little basement apartment in an old home. I am pretty sure it was the old cellar that they converted to a living space. The bathroom was this narrow little hallway; so narrow, in fact, that we had to step over the toilet to get into the shower! Incidentally that meant we also had to sit sideways on the toilet. Oh, the good old days! The shower was lined with linoleum and was so disgusting, so Scott asked the owner if he could spruce it up a bit. Upon permission be tore it all out and lo and behold he found this...an old window buried in the wall. I fell in love with it immediately and have been hauling it around with us since. It's one of my favorite things.

This is a family tree of my Mom's side of the family. My uncle made one for each family member a couple years ago at a reunion. It has great detail and I think it is beautiful. 

The is our engagement picture...one of my all-time faves!

I wanted to incorporate some artwork on the wall and this is one of my favorite paintings. It's called "Angels Among Us" by Annie Henrie.

I also re-framed the silhouettes. They look stunning with the wider mattes and larger frames. Plus I like the more subdued backgrounds.